How to protect yourself
Here are some tips to help you protect yourself from cheap, ineffective devices and under-qualified practitioners:
• Ask practitioners what their qualifications are and choose practitioners who have studied psychology, psychiatry and neurology. Alternatively, they must have a medical degree where they had to study the brain and how changes in human behaviour and emotions need to be handled.
• Find out which devices they use and how reliable the technology is.
• Ask what research has been done with those devices.
• Ask if they are qualified to interpret the assessments and know what the assessment results mean.
• Check how long they have they practiced neurofeedback.
• Ask how much they know about the brain and how neurofeedback can be used to train the brain.
• Ask if they belong to an internationally recognised neurofeedback association and the local medical board.
• Ask if they are qualified and permitted to make changes to brain functioning and behaviours.
Neurofeedback training can be done from age 5 to 99. It is fun, effective, can be permanent and without side effects.
With the right practitioner, neurofeedback therapy can be a truly powerful and effective tool that will help you be the very best you can be and separate you from the competition.
To learn more about neurofeedback therapy and how it can help you, visit Andrea Kellerman’s website www.eq-advantedge.co.za or call 031-266 8563.