Compiled: Tracy Knox
Lauded by critics as "a sleek, thrilling epic," Star Trek Into Darkness is "a clever, exhilarating action adventure," with spectacular visual effects. In fact, Star Trek Into Darkness has delighted audiences around the world to such an extent that it has earned a coveted A Cinema Score.
Written by Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof, the film follows the crew of the Enterprise as a shocking act of terror on Earth sends them on a manhunt to capture an unstoppable force of destruction and bring those responsible to justice.
Star Trek Into Darkness features an outstanding ensemble cast including John Cho, Benedict Cumberbatch, Alice Eve, Bruce Greenwood, Simon Pegg, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Peter Weller, and Anton Yelchin.
"I'm excited for viewers at home to check out Star Trek Into Darkness on Blu-ray and DVD," says Director J.J. Abrams. "They did a great job and I'm thrilled with how everything looks and sounds. We also have some really fun behind-the-scenes special features that we shot on the Red Epic Camera and created entirely in-house at Bad Robot. They really look amazing and unlike anything I've seen on DVD or Blu-ray before. I hope fans enjoy seeing the process that went into making the movie and the truly amazing work of our most spectacular cast and crew," said Adams.
Runtime: 131 minutes
SA Rating: 13 V for intense sequences of sci-fi action and violence
Available from: Star Trek Into Darkness can be purchased from any DVD outlet or store near you
• Feature film in high definition.
• Creating the Red Planet – Experience the creation of a never-before-seen alien world, as featured in the action-packed opening sequence of the film.
• Attack on Starfleet – Go behind the scenes with the cast and filmmakers and witness the creation of the shocking attack on Starfleet Headquarters.
• The Klingon Home World – Discover the stunning world of Kronos, and see how the filmmakers reinvented the Klingons for a new generation.
• The Enemy of My Enemy – Find out how, and why, the identity of the film’s true villain was kept a mystery to the very end.
• Ship to Ship – An in-depth and thrilling look at the filming of the iconic space jump sequence, which both defied the laws of physics and pushed the limits of visual effects.
• Brawl by the Bay – Sit in with Zachary Quinto and Benedict Cumberbatch as they revisit their intense preparation for the film’s breathtaking climax.
• The single-disc DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 TVs with English 5.1 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital and English Audio Description and English, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles.
• The disc includes the feature film in standard definition.
Stand a chance to win one of two Star Trek Into Darkness DVDs, by answering this question.
Q: Name one of the actors starring in Star Trek Into Darkness?
To enter, email with your answer. The competition closes at midnight tonight (Monday, 9 December 2013). The winners will be drawn from all correct entries. DO IT NOW’s competition rules apply.