INDEX OF CONTENT
Words: Gwen Sparks & Zetske van Pletzen | Photos: Phillip Rabie
Summer is almost here and the last thing you want to do is go under the knife to get yourself bikini ready! Take it from women who are always in the spotlight, there is nothing a good moisturiser, sunscreen and a little exercise can't fix. Adventure Boot Camp Brand Ambassador, Zetske van Pletzen, better known for her roles in TV sitcoms and movies, such as 7de Laan, Binnelanders and On Target, shares her natural summer beauty secrets.
Natural solutions for a bikini-ready body
• Exfoliate and moisturise your whole body regularly. It’s really important to exfoliate your skin in the summer to remove dead skin and improve blood circulation.
• Stay hydrated. Your body loses a lot of moisture in the summer, so it’s important to drink a lot of water and liquids and your skin will stay soft and moisturised as well.
• Wear sunscreen daily! Nothing ages you as quickly as the sun.
• If you seriously want to tone your body, do not forget to take your protein powder. The daily intake of protein powder can boost the immune system and promote a vibrant and supple skin — not to mention its role in promoting muscle strength and development.
• I exercise three times a week for one hour a day at Adventure Boot Camp. It’s an outdoor exercise routine that is great for my soul and not just my body. I suggest finding a routine that is fun so you will enjoy getting fit.
• Eat loads of salads and vegetables. Veggies provide your body with essential vitamins, aid in digestion, provide extra hydration and deliver nutrition without too many calories. Eating whole fruits is another great way to get the nutrients, water and fibre your body needs to start looking more toned.
Zetske shows that being healthy and looking great doesn’t need to be difficult or burn a hole in your pocket with unnecessary surgeries, procedures and miracle creams. Conscious eating and making healthier lifestyle choices everyday is what will make the difference in the long run.
Adventure Boot Camp is an outdoor fitness programme for women, with camps situated all over South Africa. Each camp lasts for four weeks and ladies can choose to do 12 or 20 sessions during the four weeks in the early morning or late afternoon.
For more information on the August special, visit www.AdventureBootCamp.co.za/specialoffers/. To register, visit www.AdventureBootCamp.co.za or call us on 082 567 2267 for more information.