SAB World of Beer, 15 Helen Joseph Street (formerly President Street), Newtown, Johannesburg
According to Denis Da Silva, SAB Trade Brewer, wine accompanies food well, but beer complements foods. Beer has many different flavours and textures that pair with a large variety of food – more so than other beverages, including wine. On that note, the SAB World of Beer has launched its very own food & beer pairing evenings for the last Friday of every month. An experienced SAB Trade Brewer conducts the ‘tried and tested’ food and beer pairing. Come hungry!
Date: Friday, 28 August 2015 (first one open to the public)
Time: 18h30 for 19h00
Venue: SAB World of Beer, 15 Helen Joseph Street (formerly President Street), Newtown, Johannesburg
Cost: R450 per person and includes five dishes, paired with five SAB beers.
To secure your spot, tickets can be purchased on www.webtickets.co.za
For further information, contact the SAB World of Beer on (011) 836 4900 / www.worldofbeer.co.za
Please note only open to over 18s.
What’s on the menu
· Lightly curried butternut soup topped with coriander cream and served with a cheese straw – paired Peroni Nastro Azzurro
· Hake fillet poached in milk and scented with cumin, covered with a dill yoghurt and micro herbs – paired with Hansa Pilsener
· Cranberry Brutal Fruit granita – paired with Brutal Fruit Cranberry
· Peppered Springbok fillet carved on to a creamy mashed potato, with Cumberland sauce, pearl vegetables and a pancetta crisp – paired with Pilsner Urquell
· Rich chocolate brownie with Espresso Anglaise and vanilla ice cream – paired with Castle Milk Stout.
From August 2015, the tourist and conferencing venue will be hosting food and beer pairings on the last Friday of every month.