Grabouw Country Club, Grabouw, South Africa
Spur Adventure Sprint [SAS] – Teams of 2-3.
- This event is ideal for families, younger folk/kids and anyone who is not concerned about competing at speed and the not-so-fit.
- This is a team event but NOT a relay.
- Teams of 2-3 people. All members of the team must stay together at all times and finish the event together.
- You need to create a “TEAM NAME” when you enter
- R80.00 pp for PRE entries.
- R100.00 pp for LATE/ON-THE-DAY entries
The Spur Foundation. Nourish. Nurture. Now.
Born out of the desire to uplift and improve the lives of South Africa’s families (with a special emphasis on nourishing and nurturing children), the Spur Foundation aims to put smiles on the faces of those who need it most through supporting a variety of like-minded organisations.
How are you helping? For every Spur Adventure Series entry, R5 goes to Spur Foundation. Click here to learn more about the Spur Foundation’s beneficiaries. http://www.spurcorporation.co.za/about_foundation.aspx.
No refunds once you’ve entered.
- Please email prove of payment to
- Do not enter if you are not going to pay at the same time. Pay for the entire team in one payment – not separate payments, please.
- Please use your TEAM NAME as a reference when making payment.
- Family team of 2-3 [Parent/Child]
- Female team of 2-3
- Male team of 2-3
- Mixed team of 2-3
- Junior Team of 2-3 – U/16
- Junior Team of 2-3 – U/13
- Junior team of 2-3 – U/10
- 10-12KM Mountain biking
- 2-3km trail run which may include natural obstacles incl a water crossing with ropes/tubes – not a swim
Spur “ECO” Warrior race for the little ones [approx 3yr-7yr] 500m run and 2km mtb. Solos.
- ENTER ON THE DAY.
- MUMS/DADS are welcome to guide their child along the marked route but MUST ALLOW THE CHILD TO DO IT AT THEIR OWN SPEED.
- This is their event – NOT the parents’
- Cost – R45.00 per child.
- They will all receive a medal at the finish.
- They will all meet inside the transition area at 09h05 for a briefing.
- THERE ARE NO WATER POINTS ON THE COURSE – BRING YOUR OWN. Participants will each receive an energy drink at the finish.
- Mountain bike
- Running Shoes
When you get to the venue, please bring your mtb, helmet and running gear to the “Transition Area” which will be marked – “SPUR ADVENTURE SPRINT”
REGISTRATION: 07H45 – 08H30.
RACE BRIEFING: 08H45
PRIZE GIVING: 11H30
TEAMS AND POINTS SYSTEM
There are 6 races in the series and the top 5 teams in each race will get points awarded as follows:
1st – 20 points, 2nd – 15 points, 3rd – 12 points, 4th – 9 points, 5th – 5 points.
Your points will be added at the end of the series and that will determine the final standings.
You must be at prize giving in person to receive your prize.
There will be a food stall and Cafe Pronto van at these events.
- The top 3 teams in each category will be eligible for SERIES MEDALS.
- Your points will be added at the end of the series and that will determine the final standings.
- You must complete at least two races AND in the same team AND the same team name.
- If you’ve done two races in the same team, you can have a different member in the 3rd and final race for this series. PLEASE USE THE SAME TEAM NAME AT EACH RACE.
- You must be at prize giving in person to receive your prize.
- Stay for prize giving to stand the chance of winning in the lucky draw.
Follow the N2 over Sir Lowry’s Pass. At The Orchard farm stall, turn left off the N2. Drive into Grabouw. At the 2nd stop, turn left. Follow the road out of town – over the small bridge and turn right shortly [100m] after crossing this bridge. Over the railway line and turn immediately left. Follow the road to Grabouw Country Club.
Please leave your valuables at home or carry it on your person at all times