Words: The Lime Envelope
There are many exciting things about the Christmas holidays and one of them is the different varieties of food to be feasted on. A table filled with all kinds of desserts and foods is enough to get you out of any diet lifestyle programme mode immediately! While it might make sense to delay starting a diet or lifestyle programme until after Christmas, managing your weight and enjoying Christmas can happen at the same time.
Most diet plans are put on hold until after Christmas which makes it easy for you to put on some weight. You need to know how to manage your weight while enjoying the holidays, if you want to stay slim and healthy into the New Year. You owe it to yourself to have a fun-filled and guilt-free Christmas because you deserve it.
There shouldn’t be a separation between enjoyment and managing your weight which is why The Diet That Everyone Talks About is committed to helping you enjoy your break while managing your weight.
Here are some hints & tips which will help you enjoy your Christmas without having to worry:
- Avoid going to parties hungry. Eat something light before the party to reduce your chances of snacking on high calorie party food. Some healthy snacks include biltong, a boiled egg, a block of cheese (not processed) or a cheese and tomato sandwich or low GI bread.
- Watch your portion sizes. Use a salad plate instead of a dinner plate. That way you are sure to eat less.
- Over the holidays you can also try activities such as skipping, walking, tennis, jogging, gardening, aerobics or just simply taking a walk on the beach. Regular exercise is responsible for up to 33% of your weight loss total and accelerates your metabolic rate.
- On Christmas day don’t feel left out. You too can enjoy some delicious Christmas fare. Why not try some recipes from The Diet Everyone Talks About “Eat Slim/Eet Slim” recipe book, like the delicious Salmon and Avocado salad with marinade sauce (with only 5g of carbs per portion) and how about some yummy rum truffles (with just 6g of carbs per portion) for dessert.
Salmon and Avocado salad with marinade sauce recipe
Prep time: 20 min + 1 hour to chill
CHD: 5 g per portion
150 g Smoked salmon, cut into pieces
1 Avocado, cut into cubes
1 Medium onion, very thinly sliced
125 g Tomatoes chopped / small, cherry type = halved
¼ Cucumber, chopped (optional)
Fresh lettuce for serving
15 ml each Lemon juice and vinegar
15 ml Canola / olive oil
1 clove Garlic, crushed
To taste Salt, freshly ground black pepper, mustard powder, fresh parsley, dill
(Optional) 8 drops Natreen liquid sweetener
1. Mix all ingredients. Add the marinade, mix, cover, and chill thoroughly, not less than 1 hour, before serving.
2. Serve on lettuce leaves.
1. Shake all ingredients thoroughly together.
Rum Truffles recipe
Portions: 25 truffles
Prep time: 30 minutes
CHD: 6g per portion
20 Whole-wheat biscuits, finely crumbed
40ml Cocoa, unsweetened
150g Ricotta cheese
15ml Crème de cacao/chocolate liqueur
60ml Apple juice, unsweetened
1ml Nice n Sweet sweetener
15ml Vanilla essence
40ml Dark Rum
250ml Desiccated coconut
1. Mix together all the ingredients, except the coconut.
2. Divide into 25 small balls, roll in the coconut, place on a tray and chill thoroughly.
For more information about The Diet Everyone Talks About, and where it is offered in your areavisit www.the-diet.co.za or call .